I was low on groceries and needed to use up some tofu, so I threw together a quick dinner that ended up being delicious. So delicious that I’ve eaten it two nights in a row. This is a simple, quick dish, and you can change the amounts of the basic ingredients (tofu, spinach, pasta, and sauce) to make it fit your tastes. I’m a saucy girl (ha!), which means I like to load up on the sauce, and usually have some left over, which is great when there’s some tasty baguette to go with it.
Spicy Tofu and Spinach Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 7 oz. firm tofu
- a few handfuls of spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup prepared marinara or pasta sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, until it’s lightly browned. Add cayenne and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and squish tofu through hands into pan. Place back on stove and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the tofu is golden brown. Add spinach, salt, and pepper, and cook until spinach is wilted.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, spinach/tofu mixture, and warmed sauce. Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
Source: My own culinary genius. : )