This is a recipe that most people associate with fall, but I love pumpkin butter, so why not make it in the spring? Plus, I have another recipe in mind that will be great with pumpkin butter…
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree (about 3.5 cups)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan stir together all of the ingredients except for the lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Allow the pumpkin butter to cool before pouring into glass jar(s), using a funnel if necessary. Refrigerate pumpkin butter and use within 2-3 weeks.
Source: Adapted from Tidy Mom