Another slow, sleepy weekend for me, so I wanted to make something that didn’t require a lot of ingredients or cook time. This salad includes pickled ginger – you can make it yourself or buy it at most Asian grocery stores. The recipe also calls for mirin, a Japanese sweetened sake, that can be found in the ethnic food aisle at many large grocery stores.
Cabbage and Ginger Salad
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed (plus more for serving, if desired)
- 6 green onions, sliced (plus more for serving, if desired)
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. I like to use one with a lid so I can shake it all up. Top with additional sliced green onions and crushed peanuts.
Source: Adapted from AllRecipes