This is one of my favorite recipes, though using chicken as the protein is new to me, as I usually use pork.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 pound chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced gralic
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Mix flour, salt, garlic salt, garlic powder, and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken breasts and toss until coated.
- Heat Earth Balance and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet, and cook until brown on both sides.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook briefly.
- Stir in the wine, making sure to scrape all the good bits off the bottom of the pan. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
I like to top this with a bit of fresh herbs – parsley, thyme – whatever you prefer. I found that I had less sauce than I’d like at the end of cooking, so next time I will likely up the Earth Balance and olive oil, or adjust the cooking temp. I personally like this better with pork as I think it has more flavor and better texture, but this worked well, too.
Source: Adapted from All Recipes.